Bible In One Year-Day 263 (Friday, September 20, 2013)
Commentary: 26-30. The psalmist greatest desire was the presence of the Lord, the atmosphere of His glory.
MLB Psalms 26:8 “O Lord, I love the habitation of Thy house and the place where Thy glory dwells.”
Psalms 27:4 “One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.”
To be in God’s presence demands some conditions which the psalmist remarked in Psalm24:3-4
- Clean hands: that is, no bloodshed and no crookedness in any form.
- Pure hearts: this is having no idol in the heart and no hidden agenda, i.e. deceit.
- Not standing in self righteousness but claiming God’s mercy.
- No self justification in His presence.
- No pointing of fingers in His presence.
- You must not identify with sinners, i.e. in actions and deeds.
Many benefits are in His presence. These include:
- Fullness of joy
- Enduring mercy
- Everlasting Pleasures
- Become ignited by the brightness before Him (2Sam22:13); i.e. you never remain the same just as Moses carried the glory after leaving God’s presence.
- Peace of mind
- Unshakeable faith
- There are strength, confidence, praise and peace in His presence.
10. Sorrows are taken away and mourning replaced with dancing.
Psalms 30:11-12 “Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.”
The presence of God is sweet and of glorious experience. The Psalmist narrated this experience a great deal in terms of His voice is Psalm29. We need to seek for His presence. His presence is brought to us by His Spirit. Jesus says that if He cast out demons by the Spirit of God, it means the Kingdom of God has come to us. This simply means that the presence of the Holy Spirit is the presence of the atmosphere of God’s presence and glory. This is grace. When the Holy Spirit comes into your heart, God’s presence becomes heaven to you.
John 14:26 “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said to you.”
The things of God cannot be accomplished without the Holy Spirit. And you cannot hear the voice of God without the Holy Spirit.
Let us seek for the old path where we could find rest. Let us listen to the trumpet’s sound, wherewith we could escape the calamity to come. Our reading for today is Psalms31-35. Keep the fire of burning and alive.
Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries